Sunday, October 6, 2019

More teeny animals: Golden Arches and Lonetree Arch 10/6/19

Fast forward a year and a half.  I'm back in Kona and out to Golden Arches and Lonetree Arch to refresh my macro skills, which have deteriorated mightily.

Someone I respected once told me "if you take 6 good pictures a year you are doing great."  I'm on track for that.

First up there's a Bicolor Nudibranch.  This is one of about 6 we found, but I wiffed on all the others.  I'm blaming the surge.  Next is a Coral Monster mask.  I'm gonna be this for Hallowe'en.
Bicolor Nudi

Coral monster mask


 Here's an Octopus that decided to move to a new hole just as I swam by.

Right under Lonetree Arch was this family of White Margin Nudis.  From the Kupuna to the keiki, they're all here.
 Puhi (White Mouth Eel was a bit crabby sdo I didn't have any trouble getting him to show me his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment