Saturday, June 11, 2022

More octopuses and some nudis

 Hauled aboard with Aquatic Life Divers and bonafied Diva of the Deep (tm) Tara P. for a day out on the most calm and flat ocean you could image under clear skies and bright sun.


One of the club divers, Mary,  wanted an underwater pic with Tara.  I had my macro lens on so shot them wide with the gopro.

 

So lets see...what critters were out today?  Hardly ever gert a face shot of a Dragon Wrasse, but one turned right toward me, pretty big one too.  Next door was another juvenile, this time a Juvenile Yellow Tail Coris.  Tara found a big patch of Leather Coral, and I swam right over a small White Mouth Eel who wanted to come out and defend his territory.  Further out toward the dropoff Tara found a transitioning Blackside hawkfish.  That was at about 80 feet and then the octopus appeared.




The Day Octopus was in a hole first, but he finally got tired of all the attention and bolted to another part of the reef.  We didn't follow.  Near the end of the first dive we were paralleling a wall and Right in front of us a Zebra Moray was hanging out.  he later shyly retreated.





Lots of nudis out and here was the first of the Gold Lace nudis.  I turned away from the wall just in time to see a large Puffer heading straight at me.  Ready for your close up?  Here you go.


Deep in a cave I looked under a ledge and found some Big Scale Soldierfish.


They are the tiniest little things, Bicolor Nudibranchs.  Here's one that we spotted while still in the cave.  Once outside I ran across a Longnose Butterfly and a male Spotted Boxfish.





Here's a mystery fish. There were about three or four of them flitting around really fast.  I managed to capture this one even though he's a bit blurred out.  At North Pine Trees the Yellowtail Corises grow big.  here's the business end of one.




At the second site I found another Gold Lace Nudi and a Lantern Toby.




















No comments:

Post a Comment